Built in: ActionScript 3
A simple soccer game made for the game jam Fuck This Jam.
Fuck This Jam was a week-long game jam, for which the theme was creating a game in a genre you hated. With that in mind, i took up sports. I had several additional features planned for this game but it seems i underestimated the genre and ended up with no extra time.
The game was built from scratch and the graphics are code-generated, which explains their quality. However, this allowed me to make the player generation completely random, giving a different experience every time.
Player skins, stats and default positions are randomized. Refresh to get new ones.
- Each team has a different rating on each of the 5 stats, which represents the average prowess of each player on that team:
- Power affects the strength of the player’s kick;
- Speed affects the speed of the player’s sprint;
- Endurance affects the player’s stamina, that is, how long they can hold a sprint;
- Guile affects the chance of stunning an opponent on contact;
- Intelligence affects the player’s AI.
- Press Quick Start to start a game with the team’s default formation, or drag players into the circular zones then press Start to play with a custom formation.
- The numbers under a player’s name are their stats (if the screen is clipping the stats, right-click on it and choose “Show All”; alternatively, play in full resolution through the jam’s submission page). From left to right, they represent power, speed, endurance, guile and intelligence.
- Spectator mode starts the game without giving you control of a player. This can be changed in-game.
- Arrow keys: move selected player.
- WASD: change player; W and S scroll between players in the same vertical lane; A selects a player from the previous lane; D selects a player from the following lane.
- Space bar: kick the ball if carrying it; kick strength is based off the player’s power stat.
- Shift: hold to sprint, based off the player’s speed stat; sprinting spends stamina, which is based off the player’s endurance stat.
- Escape: pause game and open the pause menu.